1 YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
1.1 When you visit our Website to read or download information, we log your IP address which is automatically recognised by the web server. We do not make this information available to third parties, nor do we store or capture personal information. Your browsing is anonymous.
1.2 We collect certain information about you when you purchase Products from the Website such as your name and address and the name and address of the recipient of the Products.
1.3 There is an option to subscribe to our newsletter on our Website. The system will record your email address and other information only if volunteered to us by you. This information will be treated as proprietary and confidential. If you choose to subscribe we will email you periodically with news and updates.
1.4 You can request to be removed from this list by emailing email@example.com or unsubscribe from the link in the emails at any time.
1.5 You have a right to access the personal data held about you. Any information you provide will only be used to make contact with you directly and for managing the Toad’s business activities, including analysis of customer’s shopping habits. We never share any of your personal information with anyone else other than with the Toad’s affiliates and subsidiaries.
2 LINKS TO EXTERNAL SITES
2.2 We occasionally provide links to other external websites that are not directly managed by us. We do not take responsibility for any information that you share on any linked sites.
3.2 Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, storing your preferences, and generally improving your experience of a website. Cookies make the interaction between you and the website faster and easier.
3.4 Cookies may be set by the website you are visiting (‘first party cookies’) or they may be set by other websites who run content on the page you are viewing (‘third party cookies’).
3.5 The Toad only uses Google Analytics session cookies to monitor how visitors use the Website and which pages they visit. No personal information is collected or gathered in any way. The Toad is providing the Website and the information on the Website on the understanding that the user gives permission to the Toad to place a Google Analytics Session Cookie on their computer or device. The sole purpose of this session cookie is for recording how user are using the Website for the purpose of site improvement.
3.7 How can I control cookies?
If you wish to restrict or block web browser cookies which are set on your device then you can do this through your browser settings; the help function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers.
4 CONTACTING US
If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries about this policy please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice To Our Customers In Relation To GDPR
Morse Toad's commitment to privacy
We are legally obliged to let you know what personal information we collect about you, what we use it for and on what basis. We always need a good reason and we also have to explain to you your rights in relation to that information. You have the right to know what information we hold about you and to have a copy of it, and you can ask us to change it or sometimes delete it.
Our goal is to provide the best possible service we can. Certain data is required to enable us to provide this service like email addresses, shipping and billing addresses, and order information. We want you to be confident that we will keep your information secure, and use it both ethically and lawfully, respecting your privacy.
The basis we have for holding your information is threefold. Firstly, if you order from us then we are entitled to process your information so that we can provide that service to you and bill you for it. Secondly, if we want to collect and use your information for other purposes, we may need to ask for your consent and, if we do, that permission must always be gained by positive action such as ticking a box. You are free to withdraw permission at any time. Thirdly, there are occasions where we use your data for ‘legitimate interests’. These circumstances, such as protecting our site from cyber attacks.
Why do you need my information?
Your personal information helps us provide the best possible service. We’ll sometimes use your details to send you offers – but you can opt out from these at any time you want by following the unsubscribe links in any email marketing.
We use your information for occasions like:
- Verifying you as a customer to detect and prevent fraud
- Confirming your order, knowing which of our products and services you’re using, and being able to keep you in the loop about and deliveries
- Letting you create an online account to manage your service and keep track of billing
- Getting to know you as a customer to send you emails and offers we know you’d be interested in, based on how you use our products and services
How are you keeping our data safe?
Your personal information is important to us, and we protect it as if it was our own. We have strict controls in place to make sure it’s properly protected.
For instance, if we share it with third parties (such as those that provide services to us or act on our behalf), we only do so when we know they take your privacy as seriously as we do)
What information do we collect about you?
This will vary depending on how you interact with us. For instance, if you are a customer, the data we collect might be different from that of someone who shows an interest in our products.
Some of this information includes:
- Your contact details
- Credit card, debit card and/or other payment information (this is held temporarily to process the payment using a third party, it is not stored)
- Details of the products/services you’ve bought from us
This is collected when you: register for or buy a service from us, visit or browse our website, or enter a prize promotion.
Why do you collect personal information from me?
We need to know and keep certain information about you so that we can:
- Manage your account and provide you with service, products and support
- Collect payment from you and send important information
- Understand what you are interested in and keep you up to date with our latest offers
Detect and prevent fraud, protect against cyber-attacks and comply with other legal and regulatory obligations.
Who do you share my data with?
We’ll sometimes need to share information with third parties to perform services on our behalf or to provide services to you. For example, we use tools like Google Analytics to better understand the visitors to our site, so that we can provide a better service.
We may also share information with other companies like Mailchimp, as these companies enable us to keep in contact with you if you have requested it.
If I think the personal information you hold is incorrect, how do I change it?
You can ask us directly to correct, update or complete your personal information by emailing us at email@example.com
How do I adjust my marketing preferences?
You can follow the unsubscribe links on the end of any of our emails.
Please read the policy carefully as it applies to the products and services we provide you, and our website.
It also applies even if you’re not one of our customers and you interact with us, such as by:
- using one of our products or services – paid for by someone else
- taking part in a survey or trial
- entering a prize promotion;
- calling our helpdesk
- generally enquiring about our services
You should review their privacy policies before giving them your personal information.
Who are we?
Morse Toad is a limited company based in Lymington, New Forest. 09161716
Accessing and updating how we use your information
We want to make sure that any personal information we hold about you is up to date. So if you think your personal information is inaccurate, you can ask us to correct or remove it at no charge to you. Please contact our Customer Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have a right to know what personal information we hold about you. If you'd like a copy of the information you are entitled to please write to us at Unit19a Lymington Enterprise Centre, Ampress Park, Lymington SO41 8LZ clearly identifying yourself and the information you require. We will ask you to provide identification to ensure we do not disclose your information to the wrong people.
You can always tell us that you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications from Morse Toad. But remember, if you do not want us to get in touch, you may miss out on valuable and exciting offers. If you would prefer not to receive direct marketing communications from us, simply follow the opt-out instructions in the relevant communication. Please note that this will not stop you from receiving service messages from us. Alternatively, email email@example.com if you wish to opt out of marketing communications. Please note that it may take up to 7 days to process your opt-out request.
You can also make choices about the cookies and targeted advertising. For more information about this, please refer to our section on cookies.
What kind of personal information do we collect and how do we use it?
The personal information we collect depends on the products and services you have and how you use them. We’ve explained the different ways we use your personal information below.
To provide you with products or services
We’ll use your personal information to provide you with products and services. This applies when you register for or buy a product or service from us. Or if you register for an online account with us.
This means we’ll:
- record details about the products and services you use or order from us. This includes the messaging and imagery used to create the product
- send you product or service-information messages (we’ll send you messages to confirm your order and tell you about any changes that might affect your service, like an issue with Royal Mail)
- update you on when we’ll deliver your products
- let you create and log in to the online accounts we run
- charge you and make sure your payment reaches us
- give information to someone else (if we need to for the product or service you’ve ordered eg. Royal Mail) ;
We use the following to provide products and services and manage your account:
- Your contact details and other information to confirm your identity and your communications with us. This includes your name, address, phone number, date of birth (if provided), email address, passwords and credentials (such as the security questions and answers we have on your account)
- Your payment and financial information. This is only used for transaction purposes then deleted.
- Your communications with us, including emails, webchats and phone calls. We’ll also keep records of any settings or communication preferences you choose
- Information from cookies placed on your connected devices that we need so we can provide a service.
We use this information to provide products or services to you. If you don’t give us the correct information or ask us to delete it, we might not be able to provide you with the product or service you ordered from us.
It is in our interests as a business to use your information.
We’ll use your personal information if we consider it is in our legitimate business interests so that we can operate as an efficient and effective business. We use your information to:
- identify, and let you know about, products and services that interest you
- create aggregated and anonymised information for further use
- detect and prevent fraud; and
- secure and protect our business
To market to you and to identify products and services that interest you
We’ll use your personal information to send you direct marketing and to better identify products and services that interest you. We do that if you’re one of our customers or if you’ve been in touch with us another way (such as entering a prize promotion or competition).
This means we’ll:
- create a profile about you to better understand you as a customer and tailor the communications we send you (including our marketing messages);
- tell you about other products and services you might be interested in;
- recommend better ways to manage what you spend with us, like suggesting a more suitable product based on what you use;
- try to identify products and services you’re interested in; and
We use the following for marketing and to identify the products and services you’re interested in:
- Your contact details. This includes your name, gender, address, phone number, date of birth and email address
- Information from cookies and tags placed on your connected devices
- Information from other organisations such as aggregated demographic data, data brokers (such as Google Analytics), our partners and publicly available sources like the electoral roll and business directories
We’ll send you information (about the products and services we provide) by email or online banner advertising. We also use the information we have about you to personalise these messages wherever we can as we believe it is important to make them relevant to you. We do this because we have a legitimate business interest in keeping you up to date with our products and services, making them relevant to you and making sure you manage your spending with us. We also check that you are happy for us to send you marketing messages by email before we do so. In each message we send, you also have the option to opt out.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing information or withdraw your permission at any time, as set out in the 'How to contact us and further details' section below.
To create aggregated and anonymised data
We’ll use your personal information to create aggregated and anonymised information. Nobody can identify you with that information and we’ll use it to:
- continuously improve and develop our products and services for our customers
- run management and corporate reporting, research and analytics, and to improve the business; and
- provide other organisations with aggregated and anonymous reports
We use the following to generate aggregated and anonymised information.
- Your gender (if provided), address and date of birth (if provided)
- Information about what you buy from us, how you ordered it and how you pay for it, for example, via paypal or shopify payments
- Information from cookies and tags placed on your computer
- Information from other organisations who provide aggregated demographic information, data sources (such as Google Analytics)
- Details of the products and services you’ve bought and how yo use them
We have a legitimate interest in generating insights that will help us operate our business.
To develop our business and get a better idea of what our customers want
This means we’ll:
- maintain, develop and test our products and website, to provide you with a better service
- train our people and suppliers to provide you with products and services (but we make the information anonymous beforehand wherever possible)
- create a profile about you to better understand you as our customer
- run surveys and market research about our products
We use the following information to do this.
- Your contact details
- Your communications with us, including emails, webchats and phone calls (and any recordings made)
- Information from cookies placed on your connected devices
- Details of the products and services you’ve bought and how you use them.
If we use this information for market research, training, testing, development purposes or to create a profile about you, we do so because it is in our legitimate business interests of running an efficient and effective business which can adapt to meet our customers’ needs.
We create a profile about you based on what you have ordered from us and how you use our products and services. This helps us tailor the offers we share with you. You can ask us to stop profiling you for marketing purposes at any time, as set out above.
To run fraud prevention checks
Before we provide you with a product or service, or sometimes when you use our products and services, we’ll use personal information you have given us. We use this information to prevent and detect fraud. For example, when the billing address does not match up with the name and card information provided.
Details of the personal information that will be used include your name, address and card information.
If you give us false or inaccurate information which we identify as fraudulent, we will not process your order and refund any money paid.
To collect debt
If you don’t pay your bills, we might ask a debt-recovery agency to collect what you owe. We’ll give them information about you (such as your contact details) and your account (the amount of the debt) and may choose to sell the debt to another organisation to allow us to receive the amount due.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
contact information including email address
demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping.
We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by letting us know using our Contact Us information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us this request using our Contact Us information.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|FORM_KEY||Stores randomly generated key used to prevent forged requests.|
|PHPSESSID||Your session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to view and edit their orders.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history, if you have asked for this.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|MAGE-CACHE-SESSID||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE-SECTION-INVALIDATION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-TIMEOUT||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|SECTION-DATA-IDS||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|PRIVATE_CONTENT_VERSION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|X-MAGENTO-VARY||Facilitates caching of content on the server to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-FILE-VERSION||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-STORAGE||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|